
I read about drinking a teaspoon of salt in a glass of water to relieve menstrual cramps, so I tried it. It eased them up for a few minutes, but nothing major. I still suggest trying it. It's an inexpensive drug-free method. And uses a lot less packaging that ends up in the trash or recycle bin. It's an overload of sodium, but it's a one-time teaspoon if it works for you. And had the benefit of making me that much more aware of how much salt I put in my body the rest of the day. I followed it up with my more trusted methods.
Vitamins and minerals Bananas for potassium. Vitamin B12 and C. Calcium, Magnesium, and Zinc for both menstrual and leg cramps.
Herbal tea Organic peppermint tea for muscle relaxation and to help with pain relief.
Muscles I laid on the floor with my feet against the wall and pushed. Then I did thirty sit ups.
Relax I laid down and started listening to the audio cd In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan, read by Scott Brick that Mistress found for me at the library the other day. (It's fantastic.) I napped. I drank more peppermint tea.
No comments:
Post a Comment